Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Peach Crisp

I love fruity desserts especially in the summer.  I am not a big fan of crust based recipes like pie or cobbler.  This recipe is really good.


Peach Crisp
6 cups fresh or frozen peaches, sliced, peeled and pitted (I didn't peel them because I'm lazy and it was fine. I used 6 peaches and it was plenty.)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 stick butter, cold

Preheat oven to 350.  Butter (I used Pam spray) baking pan.  In large bowl toss peaches with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 flour and lemon juice.  Put in pan.  Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon.  Cut in butter until it looks like coarse meal.  Spread topping over peaches.  Bake for 30-40 minutes until peaches are bubbling and topping is starting to brown.

1 comment:

  1. Great timing. Just bought 1/2 bushel of peaches today. Will have to make this recipe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete