Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Review: Queen of Last Hopes

The Queen of Last Hopes: The Story of Margaret of AnjouThe Queen of Last Hopes: The Story of Margaret of Anjou

Source: I received a copy from the publisher.

I had heard good things about Susan Higginbotham, but had never read anything by her.  So, when I got the chance to review her new book, I jumped at the chance.  I really enjoyed this book.  I read Philippa Gregory's book The White Queen when it came out last year, and it was really interesting to read about the other side of the story.  The White Queen was told from the point of view of Elizabeth Woodville, and The Queen of Last Hopes tells the story of the other side, Margaret of Anjou.  Like most books about this time period, there are a lot of people to keep straight.  The author did a good job of making sure the reader did not get confused.  This book was very well written and the characters were well developed.  The book covers most of Margaret's life, and she was a very likable character.  I will definitely go out and get this author's other books and read them.  Susan Higginbotham might even edge out Philippa Gregory as my favorite author of England historical fiction.

1 comment: