Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cheescake Stuffed Strawberries

I have seen this recipe posted on a number of blogs.  Cheesecake is my favorite dessert, so I decided that I would make these.  I don't have a picture, because I cannot find my camera cord (also mine were not very pretty).

I saw them most recently on Indigo's Sugar Spectrum.


1-2 Packages of Strawberries (depending on your stuffing)
1 8oz package of Cream Cheese
1 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract (add more depending on your taste)
¾ cup Powdered Sugar
6-8 Graham Crackers, lightly crushed

Wash your berries and then dry. When ready hold the berry and cut a thin piece off of the side.
Next take a small spoon and remove the white inside portion of the strawberry, leave a nice void in the center in order to fill with our cream cheese mixture.
Now for the cream cheese filling. Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. This can be made ahead of time if needed. Once ready take a spoon and fill each strawberry with the mixture.
Now take your crushed grahams and place them on a plate, take each strawberry and *smoosh* it down into the crumbs – cream cheese side down.

When I made mine, I cut a cross in the bottom of the berry and piped the cream cheese in.  When I make them again, I am going to make them the way listed on Indigo's Sugar Spectrum.   They are pretty and I think the graham crackers would really add something to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment