Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

More mini reviews

On Chesil Beach: A Novel -- First 1st U.S. Edition w/ Dust JacketOn Chesil Beach: A Novel -- First 1st U.S. Edition w/ Dust Jacket
While I didn't love Atonement, I have really enjoyed several other books by Ian McEwan.  Most of his books are shorter (this one is 166 pages), but he has a way of bringing the characters alive in a short time.  Another very good book, but I was disappointed by the ending. 

Everything I Never Wanted to Be: a memoir of alcoholism and addiction, faith and family, hope and humorEverything I Never Wanted to Be: a memoir of alcoholism and addiction, faith and family, hope and humor
I got this book from one of my blogger buddies at our meet-ups.  I really enjoyed this book despite the serious subject.  This book is really inspiring, about how the author overcame her addictions and trying to help her daughters do the same.  Highly recommended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment