Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mini reviews

I am way behind on reviews again, so I am going to do some mini reviews.

Zeitoun (Vintage)Zeitoun (Vintage)
I picked this up when I was in New Orleans last month.  When I travel some place, I like to read books that are about or take place where I am at.  This book is about one family during the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.  It is non-fiction, and Dave Eggers has a way of making non-fiction incredibly interesting.  This is a great story and great writing.  Highly recommended.

In the WoodsIn the Woods
I have been wanting to read this for a while, and finally picked it up.  While not as good as I hoped, it was still a good read.  The one part I didn't like was the ending.  I wanted the whole story to tie together, but it really didn't.  It was still very good, and I am planning on reading the rest of the author's work.

Thirteen Reasons WhyThirteen Reasons Why
Another book that has been on my to be read list for a while.  This was as good as the reviews I have read, and I read it in one sitting.  Very highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment