Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's question: Top Ten Bookish Resolutions.
1. Read the books I have owned for more than a month before more recently acquired books. I am going to try to make myself read 2 or 3 older books before I can read a newer book.
2. Use the library more. I am used to not having a decent library around, so I haven't used a library in quite a while. Kind of ironic, since I am going to library school. The library where I am volunteering on weekends has a good selection of new books I want to read.
3. Review most of the books I read and within a few days of finishing. I am not going to say all because I will never keep that resolution.
4. Read at least 100 books this year. Last year I read 200, but I had a lot of free time that I will not have this year.
5. Read books I own that are larger. I have a habit of not reading the "big" books I have, simply because of their length.
6. Try not to buy so many books. I am going to try to keep track of how many I buy and how much I spend.
7. It's okay to not finish a book. If I am just not enjoying a book, I give myself permission to stop reading it. There are too many good books to read ones that I am not enjoying.
8. Cut down my Google Reader. I have so many blogs on there that it takes me forever to get through them all. If I don't really like a blog, I am going to delete them.
9. Comment on more blogs. I read a lot of blogs, but I rarely comment on them. I want to make more connections with other bloggers.
10. Try to cultivate relationships with publishers.